Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wailing Caverns

Had an interesting time last night going through some old content, and actually making some money on it.  A friend wanted a run through a good dungeon for skinning.  If you've ever done skinning, you'll know the drops are much better fighting elites than normals, but there usually aren't many dungeons with very many skinnable critters in them.  I enjoy Violet Hold for just this reason, as I can normally clear around 30 Borean Leather and a few Icy Dragonscales, with 2-3 dropped per critter.  Two really good low level dungeons for skinning are Wailing Caverns and Razorfen Downs, and as my Warlock has the mission to conquer all the dungeons in the game, Wailing Caverns was the way to go.

It's a pretty large dungeon, and I know now why I've never completed it in the past.  I hate maze dungeons.  Only about a third of it is a catacomb, but it is still a pain in the butt running back and forth through areas you've already completed.  That said, he was able to level his skinning from 130 to over 180 in about an hour and a half!  Also, we cleared something like 18 green/blue quality items and about 30 bits of cloth.  Even though it was low level even for him (he's level 34) and no xp was gained, it was a very satisfying run.

I also want to give a nod to the master of the cavern, one Mutanus the Devourer.  I'm a level 71 Warlock, and I had to kill this guy with my stick!  He was immune to everything I cast at him, including Fire Spells.  He actually took the better part of 5 minutes to beat down between me and my Warlock cohort, but it was a fun battle.  One step closer to being a Dungeon Master!  My next quest is to find a way into the Dead Mines without getting killed on the way in... Also, I need to complete Blackrock Spire, but at only 71, i'm not sure if I can just wade through that one. 

Guild Note:  Time to start recruiting!  I'm not interested in a bunch of jackass kids or super progression, I just want some cool people to roll with, possibly make some actual friends online.  I've told the officers to open the doors as they see fit, I'd like to get a solid 10 man group for raids, starting at Vanilla all the way through the Cataclysm bunch.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment