Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Market

Haven't been on much the last few days as I don't have my own internet connection right now nor the time to play since the move and I have no heat or bed in the house.  But, I do have a plan for the coming month prior to the expansion.

Leveling toons has gotten a bit boring lately, Nikodhemus is at 70 and in the Borean Tundra, which I'd like to seriously follow the quest lines but because I've been trekking through Northrend for sometime with Gulg, it just isn't that interesting.  And Nikail is at 58 and just stepping into Hellfire Peninsula, in which I just finished with Nikodhemus so its boring.  Haven't touched my shaman in a week or more with trying to get everyone else up to the high end, and my last guy is my bank, Nikto.  There just isn't time now for serious grinding, and I'm reluctant to start a new toon because the start zones I'm very familiar with... so I'm watching the market.

I've noticed there is less in the AH right now than previously, which makes me think others are doing the same, or not playing at all in anticipation of the expansion.  Gevlon made a good point in the two ways to play at xpac time: Be way ahead of the game, or be way behind it.  My plan is to be behind.  I know I'm not going to have the time and drive to try and keep up with the market trends and the explosion of new items that will come.  So, I'm not even going to try.  I'm just going to play like I always do, work on my own toons' goals and get there, and have fun doing it. 

One thing that I am doing is stockpiling.  Not in a serious or aggressive way, but I'm not selling very much of what I pull in.  The prices are steadily going down, and I haven't been able to sell much of anything anyway.  Bolts of Silk have dropped off, I haven't sold a ream in days, yet the cost of plain Silk has gone up.  I'm guessing this is in preparation for the Winter's Veil event where silk cloth is at a premium; at any rate, I've pulled all my silk products from the shelves and stuck it in the bank.  One thing that has been selling still is Potion of Swiftness; production cost has gone up to around 3g, but they are selling for 7g.  Borean Leather is way down, I'm buying it up at 10g a stack, turning it into Heavy, then turning it into Mining bags, which I am also sitting on.  I think others are doing the same thing, between the leather and the Netherweave with expectations that Netherweave bags will still be major sellers.  (I've got a small pile of those in the bank too!)  I've totally stopped looking for my normal sellers, like Eternals or Crystallized's and even Frost Orbs as those will likely plummet in price, though I will sit on my stash of them as they should have some value still as the supply will dwindle since people will not be farming these anymore. 

This is also a good time to get organized with your gear/stores.  I've got a TON of brick-a-brack taking up bag spaces that isn't likely to sell especially this close to the new game, If I'm going to stock up on my crafting supplies, i've gotta clean that stuff up!

No comments:

Post a Comment